Fitness for life: elementary school classroom guide: kindergarten, Lambdin, Dolly Corbin, Charles Le Masurier, Guy Gr
Автор: Corbin Charles, Le Masurier Guy, Lambdin Dolly Название: Fitness for Life: Middle School-2nd Edition ISBN: 1492544361 ISBN-13(EAN): 9781492544364 Издательство: Неизвестно Рейтинг: Цена: 44960 T Наличие на складе: Есть у поставщика Поставка под заказ. Описание: Fitness for Life: Middle School, Second Edition, offers new material and resources, including a new interactive web textbook for students and online bundle for teachers. With this text you will be able to integrate fitness concepts into core curricula, engage students in using technology in their healthy lifestyle planning, and address all current
Fitness for Life Canada: Preparing Teens for Active and Healthy Living is the only health and fitness education program backed by research and focused on shifting teens from dependence to independence when it comes to lifelong healthy lifestyles. Through Fitness for Life Canada, students are engaged in the process of personal program planning for a variety of health behaviours including physical activity, fitness, and health eating. This evidence-based and standards-based program follows a pedagogically sound scope and sequence to enhance student learning and progress and presents the science of healthy living at age-appropriate levels.
Research clearly demonstrates that active and healthy adults use a variety of self-management skills to maintain their positive behaviours. Fitness for Life Canada helps students develop numerous self-management skills--such as self-assessment, self-monitoring, goal setting, finding social support, overcoming barriers, and managing time--to prepare them to independently engage in healthy lifestyles. Students also learn to engage in community physical activity opportunities, with national sport and health organizations, and with technology that supports healthy lifestyles.
Through Fitness for Life Canada, students explore these aspects:
- The foundations of active and healthy living, including adopting healthy lifestyles and self-management skills and setting goals and planning personal programs
- Learning the basics for lifelong activity and health, including engaging in smart and safe physical activity, knowing how much activity is enough, and understanding healthy eating
- Beginning activity and building fitness, including participating in moderate- and vigorous-intensity physical activity and developing cardiorespiratory endurance
- Building muscle fitness and flexibility, including understanding muscle fitness applications and ergogenic aids
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including achieving a healthy body composition, choosing nutritious foods, and making good consumer choices
- Creating positive and healthy experiences, including managing stress, developing lifelong leadership skills, understanding reproductive and sexual wellness, and making wise choices regarding alcohol, drugs, and tobacco
Fitness for Life Canada has extensive teacher resources with more than 100 lesson plans (classroom and activity based) that provide teachers with numerous options for student assessment and opportunities to demonstrate evidence of student learning (e.g., quizzes, tests, worksheets, student demonstrations, student projects). Teachers can integrate the program with existing curricula or deliver it as a stand-alone program. They can also apply our Fitness Club approach to deliver fitness education to large numbers of students using multiple activity areas.
Special Features in Chapters and Units
Every chapter in the student text features two classroom lessons, one feature that engages students with prominent Canadian sport organizations and health organizations, and a chapter review. The book devotes multiple lessons to personal program planning, implementation, and evaluation. Go to Sample Content to view sample page layouts that show thhese special features.
Each unit offers a Consumer Corner feature. The teacher web resources feature the same chapter content as the student text plus three physical activity lessons per chapter that help students apply what they've learned from the classroom lessons.
In addition, the chapters have a series of other prominent features:
- Lesson objectives direct student learning.
- Lesson vocabulary helps students understand multiple uses of words (definitions in glossary and online).
- Art includes a version of the physical activity pyramid for te
Автор: Corbin, Charles B. Masurier, Guy Le Lambdin, Dolly Название: Fitness for life ISBN: 0736065113 ISBN-13(EAN): 9780736065115 Издательство: Humankinetics Рейтинг: Цена: 15060 T Наличие на складе: Нет в наличии. Описание: Serves as a textbook for middle school students, as well as a reference for PE teachers. This book helps prepare students to live physically active lives, providing a foundation for lifelong health and fitness. It includes sections which cover aerobics, active sports, recreation, flexibility, muscle fitness, body composition and energy balance.
Казахстан, 010000 Астана р-он Сарыарка, ул. Московская, д. 40, офис 425 ТОО "Логобук" Тел:+7(7172) 49-21-32, +7(707) 857-29-98 www.logobook.kz